- Manage well to reduce drainage problems
- Car owners can park more at ease
During the rainstorm season, flooding incidents frequently occur in the parking lot. A few years ago, Super Typhoon Hato struck Hong Kong, and more than 30 vehicles in the parking lot of Xinghua Village, Chaiwan, were flooded to the top. But at the same time, many insurance companies refused to accept the accident and did not give out any compensation for the accident, which caused heavy losses to the car owner.
Current parking management measures
- Mainly for parking facilities planning
- Traffic flow planning
- Fully automatic access control
But it ignores the drainage problem of the parking lot. Hong Kong is one of the cities with the highest annual rainfall in Greater China, and Ping Chau has an estimated rainfall of 1,400 mm. Severe flooding and flooding occur in the rainy season every year.
The flooding warning system in the parking lot can accurately detect the water level and give real-time alarms, effectively reducing the heavy losses and even casualties caused by flooding in the parking lot and providing more protection to the car owners.
Flood warning system
Different devices need to be installed in the parking lot, including:
- Water level sensing device: used to detect the water level in the field; once the water level is out of the normal range, an alarm will be issued.
- Human body sensing device: To detect whether there are still people staying in the venue or whether people are intruding into the forum. Once an abnormal situation occurs, an alarm will be issued.
- Parking space sensor: To detect and display the situation in the field in real-time, and the parking space in the area is occupied.
If the water level sensor device feels that there is a flooding crisis in the carpark:
- The device will immediately transmit the real-time location and real-time alarm to the sensing device station (LoRaWan)
- The system will send real-time information to the cloud backend
- The cloud background will be sent to the management system, applications, and managers in real-time
Managers can learn the real-time situation of the parking lot through the management system or application and take timely measures to reduce the loss greatly. Vehicle owners have the responsibility to abide by the parking lot rules, but at the same time, the parking lot should be well managed to provide guests with safe, well-secured, efficient and reliable parking lot services, which will help enhance the parking lot’s business and even the overall value.