- Safe work at height
- Avoid accidents
- Establish a positive corporate image
With the continuous development of buildings to high altitudes, the safety management requirements for working at lofty heights also increase day by day. One of the difficulties in the safety management of the construction industry is that from time to time, construction workers fall from heights to casualties due to work errors or illegal operations. In addition to providing safety training to prevent accidents, use seat belts to improve safety when working at heights and effectively reduce accidents.
Equipping workers with smart seat belts will greatly reduce the chance of accidents. The device combines LoRaWan and sensor technology to reduce the case of accidents.
IoT technology LORAWAN – Thousands or even tens of thousands of node capacity connect easily
LoRaWan is a wireless communication technology designed to create low-power wide-area networks (LPWAN) required for machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The information can be sent to any base station connected to the cloud platform at low cost, low power consumption, safety, and long-distance.
There are four other functions in the back-end:
- Multi-identity login interface: hierarchical access
- Data visualization chart: Data will be displayed in various chart, such as column chart, bar chart, line chart, pie chart.
- Instant data transmission: transfer messages in real-time via LoRaWan, Json, MQTT communication protocols
- Complete data export
Smart safety belts have one more box with sensing and control functions than the original one. When working at high altitudes, the smart safety belts will be automatically locked to manage whether users are equipped with safety belts to prevent workers from taking off the safety belts without authorization. If workers encounter an emergency such as a fire alarm and need to be unlocked urgently, they only need to press the button to display the management background on the ground and be opened immediately.
- Smart lock: The background management shows whether the user is equipped with a safety belt, and it can be locked and unlocked by remote control.
- Positioning function: Support real-time positioning, sign in to work in contactless communication so that managers can understand the trends of workers.
- Prevention of injury: Wearable devices can monitor workers’ conditions, such as body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure, to alert potential injuries or heatstroke and determine whether it is suitable for working at heights.
- Fatigue reminder: Calculate with the big data collected by the Internet of Things to monitor whether the workers’ real-time physiological indicators are suitable for continuing work.
- Environmental testing: Calculate with big data collected by the Internet of Things to predict humidity, temperature, wind speed and haze. Monitor whether the immediate environment is suitable for workers to continue working, and remind workers to take additional safety measures, such as anti-skid, cold, heat and shaking, and other personal protection.
- Emergency call for help: In an emergency, workers can press and hold the help button on the safety belt, and it will be issued successfully.
Work accidents that caused injuries and deaths caused by falling from heights due to work errors. In addition to causing pain to the injured workers and their families, the company also suffered financial losses and image damage. And smart safety belts can improve work safety for high-altitude workers and effectively reduce the chance of accidents. Providing a safe working environment, reducing casualties to zero, and establishing a good corporate image is regarded as the goal of every employer.