- Workers can work at ease
- Prevent accidents
- Easy management
Safety helmets equipped with Internet of Things technology are no only just for resisting objects or debris hitting the head now. The recorded data can be used to monitor the body temperature and heartbeat frequency of workers and track the physical conditions of workers on the construction site. It is to improve the safety of workers and ensure the safety of the construction site.
The appearance of the smart helmet is the same as the original one, and the built-in Internet of Things transceiver can realize real-time sensing, the forehead measures the worker’s body temperature and heartbeat frequency, and the data can be instantly uploaded to the cloud Google cloud drive. Workers who have a fever and other high temperatures can know that they are unwell through the sensor in the smart helmet, and the site safety director and other management personnel can also learn about the workers’ health.
In addition to monitoring the body temperature and heart rate of workers, it can also be used to track the physical condition of workers on the construction site. Smart helmets can record the location, movement trajectory and distance data of workers during work. The data can show the worker’s location. As long as he wears a smart helmet and walks on the construction site, he can sign in to work. With the data of the Internet of Things, it is possible to view the movement track of each worker, record its work path and process; it can also ensure the number of people in a specific area to obtain data to control the number of workers gathered.
In the long run, the data obtained by the smart helmet can reach the calculation and repair engineering resources, which is extremely important for the management of suppliers and contractors. How much time a project will take is no longer only known by experienced contractors, but clear data can be used to calculate the required time and labour costs; management can understand the different performance of each subcontractor based on records and progress. It is easy to manage, and workers work safely.
IoT technology LORAWAN – Thousands or even tens of thousands of node capacity connect easily
LoRaWan is a wireless communication technology designed to create low-power wide-area networks (LPWAN) required for machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The information can be sent to any base station connected to the cloud platform at low cost, low power consumption, safety, and long-distance.
There are four other functions in the back-end:
- Multi-identity login interface: hierarchical access
- Data visualization chart: Data will be displayed in various chart, such as column chart, bar chart, line chart, pie chart.
- Instant data transmission: transfer messages in real-time via LoRaWan, Json, MQTT communication protocols
- Complete data export
Smart safety helmet optimization management system
As long as workers are equipped with smart helmets, the chance of accidents will be greatly reduced. The smart helmet is a combination of LoRaWan and sensor technology. The purpose is to reduce the possibility of accidents.
- Prevent injuries: Wearable devices can monitor workers’ conditions, such as body temperature and heart rate, to alert potential injuries or heat stroke.
- Positioning function: It supports GPS real-time positioning and can sign in to work in contactless communication, which is convenient for managers to understand workers’ movements.
- Action track: You can view the action track of each worker and record their work path and work process.
- Electronic fence: access to restricted areas can be set, and the function will issue a forecast when approaching the restricted area
- Fall alarm: When a worker falls or receives a violent impact, he will alert.
- Altitude forecast: the built-in altitude monitoring chip will sense the projections of the height from the ground in real-time
- Hat off the alarm: the factory must wear a helmet. If the helmet is not worn, the background will receive a prompt.
- Emergency help: In an emergency, workers can press and hold the help button on the helmet, a successful sound will be heard, the relevant person will be notified immediately, and the system platform will display the help message.
- Video call: built-in radio and ring stereo speakers to achieve two-way voice communication, group calls, video communication and other functions.
Smart helmets use technology to manage the front line for construction companies easily. As a monitoring device to improve work efficiency and ensure site safety, as a site safety device, it is also a care for workers. In the long run, the data obtained by the smart helmet can reach the calculation and repair engineering resources, which is extremely important for the management of suppliers and subcontractors. In addition, all government sectors are also actively encouraging intelligent industries and using smart helmets to enhance the good corporate image of organizations.